Jennifer Brown is a License d Certified Social Worker-Clinical specializing in psychotherapy for adolescents, adults, families, and play therapy for children. She maintains a private practice on her far m in Baldwin, Maryland.
With over 20 years experience as a child, adolescent, adult, and family therapist, and as a graduate of Catholic University of America specializing in play therapy, she is currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among her areas of expertise are play therapy with young children, attachment, and cognitive behavioral therapy to address trauma, depression, and anxiety. Jennifer also has a special interest in working with parents to facilitate healthy attachment within the family.
In addition to traditional psychotherapy, Jennifer is also trained in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy which utilizes a series of ground activities between the client and the horse to address clinical issues. Often, the outdoors becomes an extension of the office for clients.
In addition to being an experienced therapist, Jennifer has presented locally to colleagues speaking on the topics of attachment, play therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and ethics. She has been a Field Instructor for the University of Maryland School of Social Work for advanced year graduate students and is an Approved Clinical Supervisor for the Board of Social Work Examiners in Maryland. Jennifer has extensive experien ce providing clinical supervision to colleagues working towards their advanced licensure.
Jennifer is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies a nd techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
1992, MSW, Catholic University of America, National Catholic School of Social Service
1990, BSW, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
License, Certifications & Awards
1994, Maryland Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical #08301
2005, Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Level One Certification
2006, Approved Clinical Social Work Supervisor, MD State Board of Social
2010, Approved Field Instructor, UMB School of Social Work
- Washington School of Psychiatry Program for Infant and Young Child
- Clinical Interventions for Attachment Disordered Children, NASW
- Understanding and Treating Reactive Attachment Disorder in Children, Medical Education Services
- Play Therapy with Sexually Abused Children, Dr. Eliana Gil
- Play Therapy with Traumatized Children , Dr. Byron Norton
- Child Centered Play Therapy, Dr. Gary Landreth
- Psychodynamic Play Therapy, Stephanie Saunders, LCSW-C
- Separation and Divorce, Office of Family Court Services of Harford County
- Object Relations Family Therapy, Dr. Anthony Abbondandolo
- Structural Family Therapy, Philadelphia Child Guidance Center
- Equine Assiste d Psychotherapy, E quine Assisted Growth and Lea rning Association
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, UMB School of Social Work